IP Research Specialist
HIMPP offers a challenging and highly international work environment in the area of patent and technology information and competitor monitoring in the field of high-tech Hearing Aids/Hearing Systems.
As an IP Research Specialist, you will work together with a number of patent professionals from Hearing Aid Manufactures world-wide as well as internally in HIMPP with our secretariat based in Widex, Denmark. A broad and genuine technological interest within electronics, mechanics, signal processing is required and having specialized in at least one of these fields will be a great advantage. Knowledge of patents and patent law coming from a position as patent attorney, patent engineer or inventor will be considered a great advantage, but is not a requirement.
- Database searching and reporting of technical information in order to support patent situation assessments (IP Landscapes), decisions in projects and pre- and post-grant patent invalidity actions.
- Support and promote Technology Intelligence functions with patent technology information and 3rd party patent data.
- Maintain and support patent information alerts to technology areas and 3rd party monitoring networks.
- Support and maintain internal processes related to patent monitoring and patent information, and contribute to keeping deadlines of internal governance processes.
- Keep up to date with and monitor improvements of available databases, information sources, and tools.
- Monitor/watch the progress of published patent applications and patents of particular interest. Support Management Group with analysis and preliminary assessment of the patent situation based on search results and reported information, within certain technology areas.
- Financial analysis of 3rd party companies through database and general searches.
- Development of IP categorization techniques.
The successful candidate for this position should be a self-motivated person capable of working independently, having a profound understanding and interest in technology and have an appropriate science or engineering background with a university degree (preferably M.Sc. or similar). Preferred MSc programs comprise Engineering Acoustics, Acoustic Technology, Electronics, Physics, Software, Computer Science and similar. Fluency in English is essential, both written and verbal. Fluency in reading Danish, German or Chinese would be considered an advantage. Proficiency in technical information database searching is preferred, while basic knowledge about the patent system and patent information is favorable yet not a requirement. Without prior knowledge of patents and the patent system, the candidate must be interested in going through both internal and external training in patents and patent law.
A genuine interest in technology and curiosity and ability to quickly penetrate and acquire sufficient knowledge about new technical subjects is desired. Your profile shows a systematic, analytic and careful disposition in combination with good communication skills. Candidates for this position must be motivated team players. Qualities of integrity, discretion and confidentiality are also prerequisites for the role.
For further information about the position, please contact Stinus Jeppesen (CEO, HIMPP) at +4553821039
June 24, 2018